Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hear me roar.

In thinking about which fairy tale character I am most like, I found it more difficult than expected. While Ariel of the Little Mermaid is my favorite, I came to the conclusion that I am more independent than she is. I decided that I was most like the personality of a Disney animal, a lioness, Nala from the Lion King.
I am most like Nala for several reasons. The first is, of course, that she is independent. Not distanced, but able to see what she wants and able to get there on her own. Nala also tries, to some extent, to behave. Following the rules is important in her life, although she does not want to sacrifice fun and enjoys being playful with Simba. Nala is strong enough and willing to help Simba get through his battle to become king and make his father proud. She becomes a great mother and powerful figure. Nala also carries a bit of an attitude, giving her a subtle taste of extra personality. This enhances her inner strength so that she can follow what she believes in despite convincing lies from her peers.
Nala seems to be a stable, well rounded character in a cast of varying personalites. I think I am strong too to handle nearly anything that is thrown at me. I have the attitude and the playfulness which creates excitement while also having the nurturing character to want to find love and a family while helping someone become a better man, or lion as the case may be.

No comments: