Thursday, October 2, 2008

Memoir Revision Plan

Editing:
1. I'm going to specify my "it"s and "this"s. I need to clearly describe my ideas for the reader to follow each sentence.
2. I need to check my use of commas and semi colons. I need to consider the FANBOYS and make sure that sentences are connected properly and tell the reader the right way to read my story.
3. I want to weed through my sentences to make sure that I am using the best word to describe each idea as well as using a varied, interesting vocabulary.

Revision:
1. The end of my story needs work, a better wrap up. I want to make clear what I learned from my journey and I will add more to describe my growth.
2. I need to make sure that on a paragraph level, my ideas relate back to Vogler's idea of the hero's journey, and that my steps are clear.
3. In dealing with the specifics of my sentences like the its and this I think that I will need to add more to each paragraph to fully explain and describe my experience. I want it to be very detailed so that the reader can see and experience what I'm writing about because it is important to me.

No comments: